Bake like your grandma! Learn how to bake chicken wings by following these simple steps!
3 pounds chicken wings (these would be around 3 dozen chicken wings)
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
2½ teaspoons black pepper
1½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon thyme (dried)
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon oregano (dried)
½ teaspoon red pepper
- Place a chef’s cooling rack on top of an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to about 425 degrees Fahrenheit and wait until it reach the needed temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the maple syrup and add the chicken wings, mix it with your hands so that the chicken wings will be coated evenly with the syrup. (Note: Pat the chicken wings dry if you find the chicken wings to be fairly wet, use a paper towel to pat it dry because the syrup will not stick to the wings if it is not dry enough and you will just waste your time)
- Place the coated chicken wings on top of the rack, where you put the thick-skinned side of the chicken wings down.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and evenly spread about half of this mixture on top of the chicken wings. Make sure that your hands are fairly dry when you do this.
- With your other hand, press the spice rub into the chicken wings then flip it over so that the thick skinned part of the chicken wings will be on the side up. We want the thick skinned side of the chicken wings on the side up while baking for extra crispiness.
- Spread the remaining mixture on top of the chicken wings with your dry hand. Make sure that you spread it evenly all over the wings
- Bake the chicken wings for about 45 minutes on the middle rack of the oven.
- Serve it while its hot and crispy