Follow the steps below on how to make twice baked potatoes:
- 4 large potatoes
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup of sour cream (any brand will do)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 table spoon butter
- 1/2 tea spoon salt
- 1/2 tee spoon of pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 8 green onions, divided then sliced to thin sheets
- First of all, you need to preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius (about 350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Once the oven reached the right temperature, bake the potatoes for about an hour
- While waiting for the potatoes to be baked, prepare the other ingredients – place the bacon in a deep skillet and cook over medium to high heat until it turns evenly brown. Drain the excess oil, crumble it to pieces then set aside.
- Once the potatoes are already baked, allow it to cool for about 10 minutes, then slice it in half. scoop the flesh of the potato and put it in a large bowl. Set aside the skin as we will use it later
- Add sour cream, our cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 the green onions to the potato flesh. Mix it manually or with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into the potato skins then top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.
- Bake it for another 15 minutes
The recipe can make around 6 to 8 servings depending on how hungry you are